Who does what?
Courtesy of Amelia Bride’s
- The arrangements with the church, minister and organist.
- The wedding car and transport for him and the bride to the reception.
- The best man’s suit. Suits should compliment each other and the wedding gown. It is not expected of the bridegroom to pay for the best man’s suit.
- Alcohol and other beverages at the reception.
- The honeymoon and hotel reservations.
- The appointment with a lawyer for the pre-nuptial agreement.
- He has to send a bouquet of flowers to the bride where she is getting dressed the day of the wedding.
- Chooses the bridal attendants and what they should wear.
- Discusses with them whether the dresses should be hired or bought and who is accountable for the cost.
- Arranges for her own bouquet, the bouquets of her attendants and the shoulder arrangements for the mothers.
- Buys the bridegroom’s wedding ring.
- Works out the guest list with her mother.
- Chooses the flowers for the church and reception.
- Chooses the colour scheme for the wedding.
- Writes/orders the thank you notes.
The Best man
- Assists the bridegroom with the arrangements